From 1st Presbyterian Church of Second Life
Weekly Prayer Service
- Sundays @ 7pm SLT (7pm Pacific / 8pm Mountain / 9pm Central / 10pm Eastern)
- Approx. 45 minutes, followed by fellowship and conversation in the skybox for anyone who can stay longer.
- Format based on the Book of Common Worship, and occasionally with elements from Taize.
- This group will more fully explore developing a full-fledged worship service in Second Life.
Weekly Conversation Group
- Thursday nights @ 7:00pm SLT (7pm Pacific / 8pm Mountain / 9pm Central / 10pm Eastern)
- Approx 1 hour, although in the past, discussion has continued into 2 hours (leave when you have to).
- Unstructured Leadership -- come with something to talk about, and we'll follow the Spirit's lead.
- This group will more fully explore our call to service, evangelism, and education.
- Meets at the church, but occasionally we take spontaneous field trips to interesting places.
- Once each month, we meet at our sister ministry, Within the Vine, for "Reformed Heritage" night.
- In either of the above to cases (when we go elsewhere) we'll leave a sign in front of our building with a link to our location.
Monthly SL Orientation Class
- Meets Saturdays on an "as needed" basis to teach basics of Second Life: getting around, clothes, finding things, etc.
- Leadership (from our SL veterans) varies from month to month, and so the time will, too -- but will always be advertised.
- Field trips are part of the class, but we will generally start out at the 1PCSL Meeting House on Xenia to cover a few basics with those who are really new.
- Members of our community are encouraged to support and participate whenever possible in the gatherings of our Sister Ministries in Second Life:
- Church of the Dawntreader meets for worship Tuesday nights at 7pm SLT
- Koinonia meets for worship Wednesday nights at 6pm SLT
- Within the Vine Hosts ecumenical conversation with various SL religious communities Wednesday nights at 7pm SLT